There’s been a little game of revelation making its way around my Facebook feed the past couple of days, and since I have nothing to write about today I thought I’d take this opportunity to take part. The challenge? List 7 random things that people probably don’t know about you.
7. I have a tiny scar on my face from when I was born. You can’t really see it unless I tan a bit first, but the scar is about a quarter of an inch long and is on my cheek beneath my eye. When I was born my mother had to have a C-section, and apparently the doctor cut a little too deep. The scar moved and stretched as I grew, but it was originally just beneath my eye. Close call!
6. When I was a kid I had, like, fifty imaginary pets. That sounds depressing, but really I was just a very imaginative kid who loved animals. I can remember there was a cat and a bunch of kittens, some puppies, bunnies, and a couple of random things like snakes and mice. They all had names and I’d whisper good-night to them all each night. Really, honestly, it’s not as depressing as it sounds.
5. I can’t stand bad – guy death scenes where the character blubbers. I don’t k know why, exactly, but when an antagonist blubbers like a baby in the inevitability of their demise, it bothers me a lot. Maybe it’s just because I’m a big fan of the really psychotic villains, but either way, a blubbery bad guy death really turns me off.
4. I absolutely love instant raman/cup -o – noodles. I try to avoid them as much as I can at home because they’re so unhealthy and there’s always other options, but whenever the dinners at work are something I don’t like, I grab a bowl of instant kimchi noodles from the camp commissary, and I never get sick of them. I honestly think I could eat a bowl for lunch every day for a month and still be enjoying them.
3. I may not seem like it in person, but I’m a total introvert at heart. I can socialize with people for sure, and most of my coworkers would probably say that I’m a pretty friendly, upbeat person, but by the end of a day of being surrounded by people I am totally beat down. I require alone time to recharge or I just get super tired and cranky, so don’t be offended if I ever turn down an after-work get-together.
2. I NEVER read or watch the news. Whenever there’s something big going on I get it from sources like Facebook or Twitter. Otherwise I avoid the news like the plague, partially because hearing about everything that’s going wrong in the world depresses me, and partially because I believe that modern journalism is pretty much a joke and you can’t believe any of it without spending hours of your own time fact-checking.
1. When I listen to music I play scenes from my stories in my head. In fact, I practically have an entire soundtrack worked out for most of the things I’ve written. The only problem is that my taste in music can sometimes be a little dated, so some of my stories would wind up coming out like an 80’s “swords and sorcery” kind of movie.
So, there you have it. Do you feel like you know me a little better? Want me to elaborate on anything? Want to share your own “7 Things”? Drop me a comment below!
3 thoughts on “7 Things”
LOL I just did this! Taralee got me on it so I figured why not… I needed a post for today anyway, though I wrote it yesterday. You had the same idea I did of making a FB post a WordPress post instead (I published it FB too, of course). Love the idea of having a soundtrack for what you’ve written. I’ve never done that before. And if you see me staring at you it’s because I’m trying to find that scar 🙂
I also set my stories to music. They usually just pop up in my head out of the blue during long walks. It was nice getting to know you, Tracey!
Thanks, Julie! Most of my songs come to me via my bus-riding playlist. lol