I love getting recognized in any way, shape, or form, so it is with a little bit of giddy glee that I share with you today my nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was nominated by an awesome blogger whose blog is called “The Flip of the Switch“; she writes about her journey with anxiety, panic attacks, hormone imbalance, and perimenopause, and the site is broken into “Good Days”, “Bad Days”, and “Everything Between”. If you’re suffering from any of these afflictions yourself, I think this would be a great blog to visit because she helps to show that it’s okay to be flipping back and forth all the time. We all have things to deal with, and that’s okay!
I actually first found this blog because she nominated me for this award, but I can promise you that I’ll be subscribing because this lady just seems amazing to me.
Okay, so the first rule of the Versatile Blogger Award is that you share with your nominator seven things about yourself, so here we go:
- I’m a bit of a serial multitasker. In fact, I’m writing this post while texting with my mother and watching a YouTube video from one of my favorite channels.
- The multitasking comes partially from the fact that I hate silence. Even if I’m not watching I almost always have the TV on or a YouTube video playing because I can’t stand not having some kind of background noise.
- I restrain myself when it comes to blogging and recording videos for YouTube, but off-screen I actually swear like a sailor.
- On a related note, I have some weird fascination with the word “shit”. Every time an actor in a show or movie says that word my husband looks at me because he knows I’ll be smiling or laughing. I don’t know what it is. I find it amusing for some reason.
- I’m actually quite introverted and need lots of time to recharge when I’ve been dealing with people a lot, which makes my job (12-hour days for 14-days straight) very hard on the system.
- I love hot baths. I would take one every single night if it weren’t for the fact that my husband and daughter hate it when I disappear for an hour or more at a time.
- I admit it: I’m completely addicted to my phone. I’m one of those people who scrolls through Facebook for ten minutes, closes the app, and then opens it back up 30 seconds later. I wouldn’t even want to see a statistic on how much time I waste on the silly thing.
Okay, so now that you know that I’m profane and a cellphone junkie, the second rule of the award is that I nominate other bloggers that I love. These awards always want you to nominate some huge number of other blogs, but I like to keep it a little more intimate, so today I’m going to share three of my current big favs, and I hope you’ll check them out!
I Read Encyclopedias for Fun is a blog that I really admire because Jay posts more often than any other blogger I’ve ever come across. He talks about lots of interesting topics, what’s happening in the world, and what’s happening with his life, and he has several awesome features. I personally am a part of the “Authors Answer” feature, which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed and I definitely thank him for hosting. 🙂
All in a Dad’s Work is a blog owned by a friend of mine, Mr Eric. He talks about lots of things, but mostly about life as a dad, and lots of his posts give me a good chuckle because he often talks about the humorous, not-so-glamorous side of being father to two rambunctious boys.
She Didn’t Come With Instructions is an awesome mommy-blog from a lovely young lady who I actually grew up with. Katie writes about being a single mom to a beautiful little girl and talks about everything from dealing with “sanctimommies” to why wine is sometimes a necessary part of the parenting process. She’s real, spews truth without a second thought, and definitely knows what she’s talking about. I love commiserating with her posts!
So that’s that! Big thanks again to the owner of “The Flip of the Switch” for nominating me (if you normally go by your actual name, sorry, I couldn’t find it on your blog anywhere!) and I hope the three bloggers I nominated will carry on the torch! Cheers! ^_^